Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Festival Dancing

ひさしぶり皆さん、ごめんなさい! It’s been a while everyone, Sorry! This past weekend on both Saturday and Sunday there was a festival in town. IMG_3545It was pretty fun. I had signed up to dance in it with the Town Hall’s team. I had the 3 nights in a row at 45 mins each before Saturday to learn the dance. Apparently they had done this same dance for the past 3 years so most people already knew it, lol. It was broken up into 3 or 4 parts and the first part was done to the IMG_3546song “We Will Rock You” by Queen. Except it was some of the guys from town performing it and I guess they were asking Marisa how to pronounce some of the words in it. Lol. Good stuff. Anyway, I finally got the dance down, and then when the festival started, I discovered that it was actually a competition with other groups that had formed in the town. IMG_3548There were a couple elementary schools and some other groups that put stuff together.     At the end, this one elementary school, which I go to teach at, won first and my team won second. When they presented the prize they had us three foreigners go up and claim it and the man that IMG_3551was waving the flag gave me the flag to take up there with me, lol. So it was pretty cool. Oh, and they had the camera people out there filming again so the camera was in my face a lot while dancing I’m guessing because I am the foreigner that stands out the most, and then again when they presented the award, and then again they tried interviewing us after the dancing and SH380010awards were given. All I said was it was fun, lol. I’m going to try and catch it on TV with my webcamera so we’ll see how that goes.    It’ll be on TV from the 12th to the 19th. Then I tried my hand at the fish game again, but I lost. I had the fish in my little paper hoop, but SH380011it broke. The guy gave me 2 fish anyway, which I still have. I wonder when they will die. Not that I am hoping they will by any means. But they are probably the lamest fish in existence, sitting at the bottom of the bowl all day long so I wonder if something is wrong with them. I have to tap the bowl to get them to swim around and see if SH380001they are alive still. I hesitate to name them because these fish won at games usually only last a day or 2 at the most before dying because of their traumatic lives. Also, these fish had it especially bad because they were being man-handled in the bag by a little 1 year old who seemed fascinated by them, and then had a rather bumpy SH380005journey back on my bike, as well as going through the trauma of getting swished around and caught before even encountering me.    Anyway, I visited a bunch of stalls set up and bought too much food that I couldn’t finish, and helped out at Marisa’s Hawaii booth for the international club where I was told, as I have been told many times before, that I have a small face. Still don’t know whether it’s a compliment, observation, or what. Also, for some reason, a bunch of people think I’m Russian. SH380002They think Russians are petit with blonde hair, which does not seem to be the case in my mind, but oh well. Nordic I would think more than Russian. Oh, and I was also told I was like a fairy, and some older guy came to the booth a little drunk and bought the rest of the phone charms, and then started asking how much it was for me. Don’t know whether I should have been insulted or not, as I don’t think he meant it in a demeaning way, lol, but he put down a little pile of money which I think was around the equivalent of 30-40 dollars, lol. Overall it was lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment