Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Graduation

So this past Saturday I went to my Junior High’s graduation ceremony. It was pretty interesting. There was lots of standing up and then sitting down and then standing up and bowing a lot and then sitting down, and then standing up and singing songs and then sitting down, and then listening to a bunch of speeches and seeing each kid get up, bow to the city representatives, then the teachers, then the presenters, then get their diploma thing, then walk back and bow to the city representatives again, and then the teachers again, and then sit down. And all this while, just like in the dramas where there is dramatic heart-wrenching music in the background to get the emotions peaking, they had that same music playing, lol. It was very drama-esque as one student made her speech with this music playing in the background, and then as each graduating student stood and mentioned some memory about some of their underclassmen that they would remember. Then there was the slideshow of the students in their 3 years at the school. During some of the speeches I admit that I zoned out and started going over the dances for the musical I’m going to be in in my head, but when you can’t really catch all of what they are saying, it’s hard to try and listen after a while. Plus, the gym was sooooooo cold so moving my feet in vague resemblance of the Thriller dance was keeping my circulation going. No central heating in the schools is a real downer. But overall it was a pretty interesting thing.

1 comment: