Tuesday, March 16, 2010

School’s Ending

On my last visit to my junior high before the graduation, instead of having class I went out with the 9th graders and we played a game of capture the flag. It was kind of hard though because we played in the wide open, so there was no sneaking around and no one ever really won because it was too hard to get the flags. Then in the classroom they gave me this little square tile thing that they had all written me notes on. It’s sooo cute. I think they must have found a phrase book somewhere and copied some of the phrases out because I’ve got some pretty funny stuff on it, but I love it!! One student said he was sad I was leaving and he’s out of his SH380010mind with loneliness, another said she’s on cloud nine and that my smile is sun, a couple said it’s great to be alive (I have no idea where that came from, lol), etc etc. Then one of my elementary schools gave me a notebook with a picture of me and the school on the cover and a note written to me SH380007 from each of my students, these all in Japanese, but most are simple so I understood them. One kid was like, I don’t really understand English, so thanks for the chocolate. Lol. They are so cute. The Kindergarten sang some songs for Marisa and me, and I had another elementary school sing me a song that was half English, half Japanese called Goodbye Good day or something like that. Then today I went to the Kindergarten for their Spring concert, and while I thought that Marisa and I were going to be teaching the kids the song Amazing Grace, it was really that Marisa and I were going to sing it by ourselves for the concert. Lol, surprise! We were first, and then we just got to sit with the rest of the audience and watch the kids sing. They also had this really good pianist that lives here play. I think she is younger than me. Anyway, the school year is ending here and my last class is tomorrow morning at the junior high with only the 7th graders. Then it is Spring break (for the kids. Teachers and ALTs still have to go to work).

1 comment: