Friday, October 9, 2009

My Little Lizard Window Friend and the Flies



So almost every night I get a little scare when I walk into my kitchen. I walk past the window and out of the corner of my eye I see what looks like a hand pressed against the window and of course I jump and sometimes even let out a little scream/shout only to discover that it is a lizard’s underside. I don’t know why he chooses my kitchen window as his post every night, but no matter how often I see him, he continually makes me jump in small moments of fright more often than I would like.

And speaking of my kitchen, I have had a problem with little mini beasts flying around because of fruit peels and such. Trash is collected every Monday and Thursday morning, so Fruit peels just sit in a little bag in my sink and no matter how tight I tie the bag, the little devils are there. They are too small to be killed by the fly swatter because they just go through the little holes, and bug spray seems to have little or no effect. The first time I encountered them, after trying everything I could think of, I resorted to using my vacuum to suck them out of the air, and probably looked ridiculous to anyone who might have seen me thorugh my window, waving around the vacuum in the air, but that’s what I did. It wasn’t the most efficient way to go about it because it seems the vacuum only sucks like right where the hole is, so I had to sneak up on the little things and slowly draw them in, but I had to be rid of them. The whole operation was too troublesome. Yesterday though, I didn’t have my kitchen light on so the only light was from the sliding doors in my front room, and I discovered that they had migrated over to the sliding doors, and I simply had to open the doors and they all flew out. It was amazing. And Marisa told me her trick is to put her fruit peels and such in a bag in the freezer until trash day, and the little flies stay away. What a relief.

2 comments:

  1. Nasty. But I have a feeling that you're going to get a request in your Folk Dancing Class for the "vacuum dance!" Baha!

    ReplyDelete