Thursday, October 1, 2009

TV Interview

So. I was interviewed for TV the other day with Marisa. In retrospect it was fun to do, but while actually doing it I felt like a big idiot. And I dread tomorrow. That's when it first airs. Then it will continue to air for a week...14 times a day. And it doesn't stop there, they'll continue to show it periodically for some time to come. They still show interviews of people who have already left Japan. Oh gosh. Everyone is going to watch it. My students, the parents, the other teachers, my coworkers, neighbors, etc. How can they not see it when it's on 14 times a day and there are only like 4 channels to watch?! Oh gosh. I don't think I'll be able to show my face anywhere. It was all in Japanese so just for that reason I'll sound weird, and then my answers were kind of ridiculous as well. I said I was from Palmdale and it was hot there but Shimanto was more humid, and that I started getting interested in Japan when I was younger becuase my brother watched Dragonball Z and played video games and I watched and played with him. Yes, Kevin, I mentioned you (but not by name), and now they will all know what a nerd I am. Sigh. And I was talking all stilted because I was nervous. Luckily I was barely saved from 1 major embarassment. After asking what I thought of Shimanto (I said it was a lively town) the lady had skipped a question and asked the one after, which was to ask the people of Shimanto if we had a request for them, and since I was so nervous, I wasn't listening to the lady's questions, but Marisa answered first and I realized she was looking at the camera making her request. So I didn't give an answer to a different question. Ugh. That would have been the worst. Anyway, I just said that I wasn't good at Japanese yet, so please take care of me. The guy who drove us to the interview said Marisa sounded fine but he could tell I was nervous. Lol. What does that mean??!! Lol. I almost don't want to watch it. But I will. I have to. I have to find out what all the other people in this town will be seeing. Plus, we had to smile like the whole time and the muscles on my face were protesting in the form of spasms. Maybe they will edit it so I don't look so unfortunate, but I don't know if they can work such miracles. They have only had cable since April afterall. Well, I guess that is all. Pray for me people. Lol. I have to face these people who will have watched it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. you're so dramatic. you were fine. and everybody thinks that you're absolutely a bijin. plus, since they might give you the benefit of the doubt by thinking that all blonde ppl's mouths twitch like that...like it's an american thing :)

    mine was going crazy too...and i probably made a weird face that let them know that i was kinda fake smiling...bc it's impossible to hold a real smile for like the 10 seconds of close-up they did on our faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! TV! Oh Brittany, you are famous. I hope you can somehow tape it and show it to us.

    ReplyDelete