Friday, October 9, 2009

Typhoon and Freddy Dream

So there was a typhoon that came through the other day. It was raining for a couple days before it actually hit, and the day before it was getting pretty windy. Apparently it wasn’t very big, but it was the strongest Kochi has seen in 21 years. The winds were at 60km/second. People around town were calling the office about it and meetings were being held in schools about it and all that, but everything turned out alright. I closed my storm shutters and went to sleep around 11pm, with the typhoon having been predicted to hit around midnight. However, I didn’t wake up for anything, so how bad it really was I don’t know, but when I went outside to head to work that morning it was sunny with a few white clouds in the blue skies. The only evidence that the typhoon had even been through was the wet ground and remaining winds. Well, that and the fact that 2 of the umbrellas that I’ve already broken were strewn about in front of my house, lol.

Anyway, so that morning, because I had shut my metal storm shutters on the outside of my windows, it was pitch black when I woke up. I actually woke up from a scary dream and that whole morning while showering and getting ready I was all jumpy and scared. For those of you that have heard some of my dreams, you know that they can get kind of crazy and intense. It was a dream about Freddy Krueger. I don’t even know how his horror films go normally since I don’t think I’ve even seen one, but it was kind of like The Ring in a way. This particular dream was kind of disturbing and scary so you don't have to read it, but it went like this:

The idea in the dream was that if you watched one of his movies then he would come after you. After having watched his movie you would get a warning and start bleeding because of something, like cutting yourself or being hit with something. And then online you would get a riddle about how you were going to die and if you figured it out you could escape being killed by him. So it was night and my friend had a guy over and they were going to watch a movie. I told them that they absolutely couldn’t watch a Freddy Krueger movie and then I went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and walked into the front room to find the only light being the snowy screen of the TV and my friend and the guy asleep on the couch. I walked up to the DVD player and found the Freddy Kruger DVD in there and knew they had watched the movie. Then they woke up and I was frantic about them having watched the movie. Because I was in the house, even though I didn’t actually watch the movie, I was now implicated. Then something flew across the room and hit my friend in the head and she started bleeding. That was the first sign. She was the first target. So we got online and sure enough, there was a riddle waiting for her. It had the numbers 20,000 and 8,000 repeated twice in it (that’s all I remember of the riddle). We were sitting on the couch trying to solve it and thinking of how much time we actually had until he struck, and then I had a flashback to something. It was like I had been involved in the same situation before but was the only one to survive the last time. I saw flashes of blood, people dead, and how they died, and I thought, it’s happening again. And then I woke up.

So anyway, I was thoroughly freaked at home that morning, but once I left the house I was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment