Friday, September 25, 2009

Grape Picking

PAP_0125

PAP_0113 The other day Marisa and I went to this place where you can pay a set price and then pick and eat all the grapes that you want. The ride was a bit far and it was up and down this big hill, but it was sugoku kirei. Really pretty. The colors of all the fields and flowers were really bright and vivid so all in all it was a nice bike ride. PAP_0141

PAP_0128

PAP_0132

At the actual place of picking grapes it wasn't exactly what we expected in that we each only cut one bunch of grapes down and then just sat and ate grapes for a while while they brought us more of different kinds instead of us actually getting the grapes for ourselves, but they were really good. Japanese grapes are a lot bigger than the grapes you normally eat in America and the skin is a lot thicker. Most people don't eat the skin here because its thick and dries your mouth out leaving a kind of bitter taste, but luckily the skin separates from the grape easily. PAP_0122

PAP_0124

PAP_0120

Here are some pictures of all the scenery on the way too and from the grape place and then a couple in the grape place. The white bags hanging around me are the grapes. I don't know why exactly they have the bags over the grapes, but there it is. The picture of the frog is because there were like 6 of those little guys hopping all around me the whole time. They never actually came into contact with me, but they were everywhere! Lol, cute, but I wasn't about to let one of them land on me. I had to be ready to move at any second. PAP_0118 PAP_0116 PAP_0110

Anyway, this is what it looks like where I live right now for the most part. Country with nothing to do really yes, but really really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment