Monday, September 7, 2009

Firtst Week of School

It's been a while. Things have been really busy. My first week of school is now past. While I say first week, it's actually just 2 days with classes and 1 where I introduced myself to the school. On Tuesday I went to my junior high and introduced myself to the whole school. Now, I say whole school, but really there are only like 33 kids in the entire junior high. There is 1 class per grade and each class only has like 8-12 students. So I did that in English with a little bit of Japanese like they said and then got a tour of the school. The next day I went back and I had all 3 classes. I pretty much did my self introduction in detail that time and then had question and answer time with the students. I was asked some pretty strange questions like `does Palmdale have camels?` (because it's a desert), `you have good taste, why?` and `were you in Harry Potter?` (because I showed them a picture of me dressed like Hermione). Sadly when I answered the kid I said yes joking around and he started telling all his friends. Then he found out it wasn't true, lol. Poor guy. My second years were the most responsive and thought my brothers in my family picture were very `kakkoi` (cool) and that my niece and nephew were so `kawaii` (cute) and everyone was surprised that Jonathon was like the same age as the teacher I team teach with. Anyway, the next day I went to an elementary school and did grades 1-5 all at once seeing as there were only 11 students. They were really cute. When I was leaving, one of the funny boys was like `come back because I love you` lol (in Japanese of course). Marisa came and watched me do that and then did the head, shoulders, knees and toes song with me and the kids. This afternoon I go to watch another ALT teach and then Tuesday I go with Marisa to a kindergarten in the morning and meet up with the junior high teacher to talk about what to do for Wednesday's classes. We'll see how it all goes!

1 comment:

  1. that poor harry potter kid.
    oh, and let's say jambo this time...

    ReplyDelete