Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome Camp



I have been remiss in posting in my blog, but am determined to make up for it now with a bunch of entries about the past month. To start, like a month ago I went to a camp with a bunch of the kids from around Shimanto. We went swimming in the shimanto river and jumped off a bridge and a dam into it as well. We stayed in cabins and Marisa and I were even in charge of one of the cabins of girls (although there was another supervisor who did most of the work).

The night we slept in the cabins they had a haunted walk around the camp grounds where the leaders dressed up in scary things and popped out to scare the kids, lol. Marisa and I went with different groups and the little girls were clinging to us. There was this one girl in a pink outfit (you can see her in the picture of me with the group of girls with the guy in an eyeball costume behind us) that was holding onto me for most of the time screaming "kowai!!" "mou yada!!" which pretty much means I'm scared! I've had enough!

Or something similar, lol. It was really funny and cute. The only frustrating thing about the camp was that I couldn't really talk to the kids at all. I had no idea what they were saying becuase they talk to fast and short and kind of slurred. But I guess that is ok. When you can talk with kids then you are fluent I hear, and fluent I am not, so I shouldn't expect to be able to. Also, I keep seeing the kids that went to the camp in my classes that I go to and I feel bad because I don't remember their names. There are too many of them. Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment