Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas Break

Christmas break was full of good stuff. I got to see everyone I planned on seeing, and it even worked out that I got to see some people even more than once so that was cool. And I got to see 4 movies (Sherlock Holmes, Avatar, Did You Hear About the Morgans, and New Moon), Avatar twice (both times 3D, but once in the IMAX), New Moon was way better than the first Twilight movie, and my dad was able to get us tickets to this movie theater with huge comfy reclining chairs where they serve you dinner and stuff during the movie. That was really cool. I definitely want to try that again. I also got to go see the musical Mary Poppins down in LA. It was amazing. I must admit that I wasn’t ever completely in love with the Disney movie, I mean, it was alright, but I never had an urge to watch it or anything, but this was so good. And I still listen to the music from it at home and have the songs stuck in my head for days at a time. And they aren’t the same old songs from the movie, there are new ones and good ones, and the story actually follows the story in the book, instead of the Disney version, although most the songs in the Disney version are still in the musical, but just seemed better. It’s darker than the Disney one with toys that come alive, and an evil nanny with disgusting medicine, but it is still magical and touching, and Mary Poppins was really good and funny. Practically Perfect. Lol. Ok, I will stop going on about it now. But it was good, so if you get a chance to see it, then please do.DSCN0032

Let’s see, when I got home I got some welcome home balloons and a slight scare as I came through the door, lol, but it was cool, and I got to meet Kevin’s fiancĂ©, who is also cool.

Christmas was excellent, as always.   DSCN0042I’d say that my biggest and most exciting thing was my Kindle. There are no book stores with English books here, so I was running low on things to read, and suddenly my problem was solved as I could buy and download as many books as I wanted to read onto it and read it wherever I want. 

DSCN0015DSCN0035

DSCN0018And it’s the global version, and works on a 3G network (like cell phones), so I can download even here in Japan (all of Japan is a 3G network so it works anywhere). I also finally got an IPod. My very first, lol. It took a while to go through and organize all my songs and play lists again on ITunes, but the job is finally done. DSCN0059

And we went to Disneyland!!  I will let the pictures show the awesomeness that happens when someone goes to Disneyland.   

 

 

 

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

image  Photo0074

Space Mountain and California Screamin

Photo0079 Photo0084

Hollywood Tower of TerrorPhoto0085

Need a closer look to find me?  Here ya go on the left.  That is not pretend.  That is real terror you see on my face, lol.  And Splash Mountain is on the right here.

Photo0086Photo0096   Photo0367

Toy Story above and more Buzz Lightyear below

Photo0081Photo0092

It’s a Small World

DSCN3861

DumboPhoto0093  Photo0097

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

Photo0362

3 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lot of fun!!

    by the way, i think the picture orientation changed between scanning/posting? it looks like you're on the right...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I don't know what the picture thing did when it put it up on the blog. And thanks about the PJs, lol. They are fabulous are they not?

    ReplyDelete