Monday, January 25, 2010

Plane Tickets

Recently I have had to buy lots of plane tickets to different places. I bought my round trip to America for Christmas, my tickets to Korea and China for when my parents visit, and I tried to buy another trip to America for when Kevin gets married, but ran into problems. I had booked with Travelocity before, and everything was fine, but that was using my debit card. After being told that I should have used my credit card and then just paid that off with my debit so I can build up good credit, I decided to try buying the of my trips with my credit card. So I go through everything, have a good priced ticket, and then when I click the confirm reservation button, it says it had trouble processing my card, so I tried it like 5 or 6 more times, with no luck. Then I check my account and there is zero credit, and I was very confused, because that should definitely not be the case. I thought that maybe since I had used my credit card while in the states for Christmas once at the post office that maybe they had frozen my card since I hadn’t told them I was back in America, so I called the bank, and they said that they had a plane ticket charge and then like the same thing charged 5 more times.

So I had no plane booking, and yet there was all these charges from all those tries on my credit line. So I called Travelocity and they said they should be dropped within 24 hours, and within 24 hours, it still wasn’t dropped, and then Travelocity said it would be dropped within another 48 hours, and then it still wasn’t dropped so I had to make several calls back and forth between the bank and Travelocity, finally get them to talk to each other, get codes, send faxes, etc and finally the charges were dropped. So after getting advice on how to do it from the Travelocity agent, I tried again, and the exact same thing happened. No booking, and yet it took credit from my card. This time though, since they said to wait so many days before, I waited 5 days and the charges were dropped by themselves. However, by then the good ticket price was gone. I had to go with another ticket, through other means. So everyone, be careful when trying to book online with cards. I have purchased many things online before and this is the first time it has gotten out of hand, but once was enough of a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment