Monday, August 10, 2009

Creatures in Japan

Already I’ve had my fair share of experiences with different creatures in Japan; bugs to be specific. Spiders are everywhere, but thankfully stick to places that are less used. I have a few of them who hang around outside my front door, and I would get rid of them except they eat things like cockroaches and mosquitoes. There is this one kind of spider that is really big, like the size of my palm or bigger that seem to like hanging out around Marisa’s (new CIR) apartment area. One night we saw three of them just on the stairway going up to her place. Here’s a picture, although it’s hard to tell its size since there’s nothing to compare it to in the picture. There was no way I was getting close to that thing. We also found a centipede on the stairwell too, but we think it was dead because it wasn’t moving and the next day there were ants swarming all over it. Then, last year in Japan I had the experience of a cockroach flying at me and landing on my bare leg, and again last night getting a surprise visitor scurrying around Marisa’s kitchen floor. That roach was fast. Luckily my apartment has only seen a couple spiders and no roaches or centipedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment