Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weather and Hair

Perhaps you have heard on the news about the typhoon and earthquake that hit Japan. The earthquake was actually up north, so I didn’t feel it since I’m in the south, and the typhoon hit the west coast and I’m on the east. So instead we just got a torrential downpour (as some of you experienced through the poor connection online while trying to talk to me – sorry about that). Anyway, don’t worry people, all is well here in Kubokawa. Although, with the recent rain came an increase in what was already humid weather and my hair has become ever more wavy/curly than it was getting. Now don’t picture super curly hair like some type of perm. But it’s started going in ringlets on its own. Weird gross ringlets I think, but ringlets nonetheless. And my bangs that aren’t long enough to form ringlets go about half way, so really they just flip out on either side of my head like little wings. This picture might not look so bad, but believe me, this is on a good day. I suppose it would be mildly amusing if I didn’t have to sport the winged look every day. Straightners do nothing but make you that much hotter when you start your day. Hairdryers too. So I’m going to be getting a haircut soon to trim my bangs and hopefully cure the wing madness and get a cut that actually fits the length (a few inches past the shoulders). I’ll be finding pictures on the internet of styles to show the cutter so if you have suggestions comment and let me know or just leave me a link to a picture in the comment box. Alright. I’m out.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! First haircut in Japan! You'll have to tell me how it goes. I bet you can find someone in your ward/branch to help you out. At least you don't do highlights or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wings! lol Just let them be.

    ReplyDelete