Monday, August 3, 2009

Matsuris

So already I’ve been to a few matsuris, or festivals. There is a festival like every weekend in summer in these parts and they almost always end with a fireworks show. The really good festivals are coming up in the next 3 weeks so I should get some even better pictures then, and I will for sure have my camera charged and ready. My camera actually died when I went to the beach this past weekend and I only got a few pictures of the festivals before that. Perhaps all is for the best since I look pink anyway. I didn’t put any sunscreen on until like barely before we left the beach, and we were there all day. At night we went to another festival and watched the fireworks and then I went home while others went back to the beach to camp. There was a chance of rain and I was so tired I would have just fallen asleep anyway so I went home. Plus, I had to find out how to get to church the next day. After finally figuring out where it was, at like 2am, I went to bed and either my alarm didn’t go off or I shut it off, but I woke up at 7am, when I was supposed to be boarding the train. So I missed church, but at least I know where it is now. Anyway, my first festival was in my town and is actually one that happens like 3 weeks in a row. So it’ll be happening again this Friday. I was invited to hang out with a bunch of old drunk men again this Friday at the matsuri, lol. The place I’m in really likes to drink and especially likes women who like to drink. It’s unusual. So here are some pictures of my town’s mini matsuri.


1 comment:

  1. I love the cute paper lanters!

    Buri! How have you already made so many Japanese friends?? You have been hiding your amazing Japanese-speaking skills from my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete