Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Festival Fish


So a few nights ago I went to a festival and played the fish catching game. You get a plastic hoop with a thin sheet of paper over it and you try to catch a fish with it. But if the paper gets too wet, it rips. So you have to be fast and efficient. After trying to catch a fish for a few minutes I got one but since it took me so long it just ripped through the paper and I ended up catching nothing. I guess the stall owner felt bad for me so he gave me three fish anyway. Lol. I actually didn’t want the fish at all, but just wanted to try and catch one, but I took the little guys home with me anyway. So then I was stuck with three fish. I had actually heard that the trauma of the whole festival game with children batting at them all night and then being caught and bounced around in a bag made the fish die really quick, so I thought that the fish would be dead by morning. However, when I woke up the next morning all of them were still alive. Faced with the knowledge that the trauma wasn’t going to kill them, I couldn’t exactly let them starve, so I immediately went to the store and got some fish food. I fed them and an hour later I checked up on them. Two were dead. The third was a trooper and lasted a little longer. Maybe a day, and then it was the toilet for that one too. And so it was, the sad story of my fish’s short lives.

2 comments:

  1. You seem to just kill animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fish won't die. I've had them forever. I'm sure they've aged to about 105 by now.

    ReplyDelete