Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lately

So I’ve finally received furniture and dishes from my predecessor. Now, since I have a stove, I don’t have to eat bread everyday for lunch and dinner, and I have a table to actually eat on. The dishes I got had roach droppings on them so I spent Saturday washing and soaking them in scalding hot water over and over. But now its nice to have them. At work I mostly do nothing but get things set up like banking, cell phone, internet, and doing self introductions to everyone still. Today they had me stand up in front of everyone and they gave me a cake and present for my birthday. That was pretty cool. Tomorrow I will be going with a bus full of kids to Yosakoi up in Kochi city. Yosakoi is a huge festival where different groups have times where they dress up and dance through the streets of the city. I’ll probably post pictures and video of that in another blog after I’ve actually gone so wait for that. It should be sweet. I’ve actually said I’ll participate in an upcoming dance thing like this that happens in November with my town’s team. We’ll see how that turns out, lol. Also, something I’ve been noticing around here is the security measures people take. Or the lack thereof I should say. I think all in all that they only have like 2 police cars in my town. Or at least I heard something like that. People just leave their doors and windows unlocked and open and they leave their cars unlocked and even running with the keys in the ignition while they go into a store because they want it to stay cool in the summer or warm in the winter while they are inside. Lol. It’s so weird.

3 comments:

  1. Ummm...wow. I can't believe you live in Japan! So cool!

    Derek was just there...he goes for business a few times a year. He'll be back in November.

    Well...good luck! Cool cell phone, sorry about your fish, the driving test is kah-razy! Love your blog, I'll add you to me google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday a day late!!
    well i don't have internet, so i'm here at the library again in cleveland. Sounds like an interesting start, giants bugs, sweet cell phones and constant parties every weekend! Well I'll be outta here in about 10-11 days. and it'll be back to utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany! I love your blog! Have fun in Kochi and keep in touch!

    Vanessa and Cole

    PS. Here's my blog address, but we dont have internet at our apt yet!

    vanessathornton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete